Monday, March 4, 2013

A Petition To Ban The Sale Of Lion Meat

Yeah, you heard me right. Lion meat. There are fools out there who raise lions on farms and then slaughter them to sell lion meat.

When I heard this, I was just shell-shocked. Predators are not meant to be killed and eaten. I'm in the belief that nothing should be killed and eaten, but I'm not going to drag my vegetarianism views into this particular post.

I'm well aware that people in other countries eat animals that we in the United States would never dream of. But there are people getting lions somehow here in the United States, and then selling the meat to restaurants. I don't know whether those restaurants state that it's lion meat, or whether they keep it hidden, but the basic idea is the same--it's not the right thing to do.

You can find the petition here . I would appreciate it if some or all of you would sign it, if you haven't already, and maybe share it with others. While you're at it, you might find the time to look through other petitions on that site--you never know what sorts of horrific things are going on that you find you want to help stop.

Thanks, all. Every signature makes a difference, and I appreciate your support. I'm sure the lions will too.

God bless,

Theodora

1 comment:

  1. I despise hearing about these things. The animals need a voice and we are the only ones who can give them one. I have always believed that and have tried to be a voice for the animals to the best of my ability....I will sign any petition in hopes that it will help...

    ReplyDelete